Start Date: This position is for the 2023-24 school year.
Our Mission: To foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, God-centered education.
Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission & Values as well as our Faith & Life Covenant, and our Guiding Principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
- Hope Academy is looking for an individual who can come alongside the classroom teacher and assist in various tasks and help with children in the classroom.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Assist teachers in shepherding students and pointing them to Jesus! Comfortable praying with students.
- Discuss duties with the classroom teacher to coordinate educational efforts.
- Support the teacher in classroom management and student discipline. Make wise decisions independently.
- Prepare lesson materials, bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment and demonstrations.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Assist in assessment of student growth.
- Confidently supervise students in classrooms, halls, cafeteria, playground, and gymnasium, or on field trips.
- Be comfortable learning and using office machines, copier, laminator, binder, etc.
- Ability to see classroom needs during instruction and provide support where needed.
General Faculty Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Supportive of the school’s mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Mature Christ-follower with the ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.