Our Mission: To foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, God-centered education.
Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission & Values as well as our Faith & Life Covenant, and our Guiding Principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Position: The purpose of this position is to serve as a noticeable community safety presence in matters relating to Hope Academy. The person in this position will act as a liaison between the school and the community, including Peavey Park.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Uphold our safety guiding principles including being a light in the community and keeping student safety as one of the highest priorities at our school.
- Be present outside during dismissal times, walking staff to their cars after school, and walking student athletes to their cars after practices and games during sports seasons.
- Be available to assist staff and teachers in safety matters.
- Be a presence in Peavey Park at various times of the day.
- Work closely with the Peavey Park Recreation Staff.
- Other matters related to safety at Hope Academy.
- Be on sight from 11:00am to 7:00pm on school days.
Education and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Has the ability to stay calm and de-escalate stressful situations.
General Faculty Qualifications
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for the mission and work of Hope Academy and a desire to play an integral part in growing the impact of Hope Academy.
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.