Our Mission: To foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, God-centered education.
Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission & Values as well as our Faith & Life Covenant, and our Guiding Principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Position: The Graduate Support Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Director of Graduate Support in operationalizing and executing the program events, outreach, engagement, and communication. The Graduate Support program helps Hope Academy graduates build upon the foundation of a Hope Academy education by supporting them in their pursuit of lives of meaning and purpose, fulfilling and productive careers, and Christ-centered lifestyles and relationships.
The following reflects essential functions for this position but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Assist the Director of Graduate Support in operationalizing a unique graduate support process to launch graduates toward greater life and work purpose, self-sufficiency, faith ownership, church and community engagement, and spiritual/emotional/physical health.
- Coordinate outreach to, and communication with, Hope Academy alumni, both one-on-one connections with the Director of Graduate Support and also general communication with all alumni about the graduate support program.
- Onboard covenanted graduates and provide support and coordination between the Graduate Support Office and each covenanted graduate throughout the process.
- Assist the Director of Graduate Support (DGS) with general clerical and administrative tasks and requests.
- Facilitate use of social media for the Graduate Support Office to further the goals and vision of the program.
- Coordinate and arrange travel for the DGS.
- Arrange visits, meetings, and connections between the Director of Graduate Support and local pastors, business owners, universities, and mentors.
- Build and maintain relationships with Hope Academy students and alumni.
- Provide logistical support for and participate in events that promote alumni involvement and engagement with Hope Academy and with current students.
Education and Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent; BS/BA degree preferred.
- Computer skills required – knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Highly organized, self-starter, effective communicator, and strong follow-through/execution skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain systems.
- Willingness to go above and beyond in serving our Hope Academy graduates.
General Faculty Qualifications
- Supportive of the school's mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- Ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- Desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.