Our Mission: To foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, God-centered education.
Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission & Values as well as our Faith & Life Covenant, and our Guiding Principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Position Description: The Head of Finance & Operations is responsible for leadership and direction of the finance, operations, facilities, human resources, and technology processes of Hope Academy. The Head of Finance & Operations is a member of the senior leadership team and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer/Integrator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees overall school finances, including Landlord-Tenant Facility-related financials.
· Oversees preparation and manages school operating and capital budget.
· Oversees overall school internal financial controls, regulatory compliance, and financial reporting.
· Maintains relationships with banks, investment institutions, auditors, and other external providers of financial services in managing banking and investments for the school.
· Develops, recommends, and oversees implementation of financial, collections, tuition-related and other business-operational policies.
· Develops long-range financial planning models; monitors progress toward following those models.
· Serves as authorized signer on all school matters including financial, physical plant, vendor contracts and other documents and contracts.
· Evaluates school systems for efficiency and quality control.
· Manages relationships with vendors, evaluating contracts for cost savings, efficiency, and effectiveness.
· Oversees relationship with Property Management company and serves on Facility Committee, ensuring appropriate operation and maintenance of physical plant and capital assets.
· Oversees risk management, insurance, safety, and security.
· Oversees staff responsible for carrying out finance, operations, facilities, human resources, and technology objectives.
· Oversees and facilitates the professional handling of all facility usage and rental agreements and relationships, including insurance documentation and processing.
· As member of collaborative senior leadership team, provides overall oversight and leadership of the school.
· Assists in development and implementation of school policies and procedures and provides leadership role in communicating these to school.
· Provides information to the Board and Board Committees and/or other entities on a regular basis and as requested.
· Completes annual evaluation of direct reports, making hiring decisions for all direct reports.
· Performs other duties and projects as delegated by Senior Leadership and/or Chief Operating Officer/Integrator.
Key Skills and Traits:
· Financial and management experience including budget preparation, financial statements, fund-accounting, investment management and financial reporting experience.
· Broad-based operations and facilities management experience.
· Excellent organizational and project management skills.
· Strong interpersonal, relationship-building, communication, and management skills.
· Effective team building, problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to multi-task, work independently and be attentive to detail.
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
· Excellent judgment, leadership, and decision-making abilities.
· Strong integrity and reliability.
· A self-starter who is self-directed.
· Experience in faith-based, educational organization a plus.
· Strong Computer proficiency with experience in PC platform computers, Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Quickbooks, and/or other relevant systems experience.
· BA degree required in related area of study; MBA or CPA preferred.
· Extensive and diversified background with at least 7 years of related experience.
· Salary is commensurate with experience.
· Full-time benefits available