Our Mission: To foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhoods of Minneapolis by providing youth with a remarkable, God-centered education.
Very Important: Before applying please read and carefully review our Mission & Values as well as our Faith & Life Covenant, and our Guiding Principles about Cultural Harmony. All board members, faculty and staff are joining a covenant community in serving here at Hope Academy.
Hope Academy is seeking a dedicated and experienced interventionist to join our Title 1 team. The Title 1 tutor will provide support and instruction to students who are struggling with reading and math. This position is approximately 0.8 FTE and is funded by Minneapolis Public Schools.
- Provide Tier II small group instruction to students who are identified as at-risk for reading and math.
- Use evidence-based strategies and interventions to support student learning.
- Monitor student progress and adjust instruction as needed.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to ensure students receive the support they need.
- Attend Title staff meetings and professional development opportunities as required.
- Minimum BS or BA in Education with licensure that includes K-5
- Valid Teaching License in Good Standing
- Training in intervention methods such as Ortin-Gillingham and/or Lindamood-Bell strongly preferred; please provide certificates
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
General Faculty Qualifications:
- Supportive of the school's mission to foster hope in God within the inner-city neighborhood of Minneapolis by providing youth with an outstanding, Christ-centered education.
- The ability to effectively educate in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, and economically disadvantaged urban community.
- A desire to equip the children of the city with an academically rigorous, comprehensive, classical Christian education to prepare them to deal with the complex issues of living in this present society.
- The willingness to go above and beyond in building relationships with students.